She’s decided to address the answer head-on, in this book (Full title: ’The New IT: How Technology Leaders are Enabling Business Strategy in the Digital Age’), which can be considered an action-ready blueprint for building and strengthening the role of IT in your company—and prescribing IT’s future in this world filled with increasingly tech-savvy employees.
This manifesto explains how to:
• ASSESS your current and future IT profile
• ALIGN your IT organization with business priorities
• MAP technology delivery plans according to business priorities
• ORGANIZE IT according to your company’s culture and strengths
• REDEFINE innovation and talent management practices
• BUILD a stronger and enduring role for IT as a business partner (with analytics in a starring role, obviously)
The New IT also includes real-world case studies and best practices from successful, technology-enabled companies such as Toyota, Merck, Brooks Brothers, Union Bank, and many others.
You can read more about it here and order it straightaway, while you’re at it!